When packing for a toddler for a flight, it’s important to consider their comfort, entertainment, and basic needs. Here are some essential items to pack:
1. Nappies and wipes: Pack enough nappies and wipes to last the duration of the flight, including any potential delays or layovers. Also, include a nappy bag for disposal.
2. Extra clothes: Pack a few extra sets of clothes in case of spills, accidents, or unexpected weather changes.
3. Snacks and drinks: Bring along some of your toddler’s favorite snacks and drinks to keep them satisfied during the flight. Avoid messy or sticky snacks that may create a mess.
4. Blanket and pillow: A small blanket and a travel-sized pillow can provide comfort and help your toddler relax or sleep during the flight.
5. Comfort items: If your toddler has a favorite stuffed animal, blanket, or pacifier, be sure to pack them to provide a sense of familiarity and comfort.
6. Entertainment: Pack a variety of age-appropriate toys, books, colouring books, fidgets, puzzles and crayons to keep your toddler entertained during the flight. Consider bringing some new toys or surprises to keep them engaged.
7. Electronics: If your toddler enjoys watching videos or playing games on a tablet or smartphone, bring along their device and headphones. Make sure to download their favorite shows or games in advance.
8. Medications: If your toddler requires any medications, be sure to pack them in your carry-on bag. It’s also a good idea to carry a copy of their prescription, just in case.
9. Changing essentials: Pack a changing pad, diaper rash cream, and any other necessary items for diaper changes during the flight.
10. Travel documents: Don’t forget to bring your toddler’s passport or identification, as well as any necessary travel documents or visas.
Remember to pack these items in a well-organized manner, making them easily accessible during the flight. It’s also a good idea to have a small bag or backpack specifically for your toddler’s items, making it easier to find what you need.